Eat, Pray, Love
Had brunch/lunch at Wild Honey in Mandarin Gallery today. The food was quite good actually, and price slightly on the higher side but reasonable, considering portions are huge. However, the wait was just unbearable! Partly cos mum and I were starving. We didn't have anything to eat before that and had to wait nearly an hour for a seat. I guess, arriving there at noon meant we were part of the lunch crowd. They don't take reservations so you have to leave your name there when you arrive at the restaurant. I have been craving all day breakfast for a while now...so that satisfied the craving (:
One of my all time favourite books has just been turned into a movie (like almost every other bestseller). This is the trailer for Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, where Julia Roberts plays the author.
Somehow, I am not expecting very much from the movie. Maybe because i can't think of a book-turned-movie being better than the book itself, can you? Besides, i feel that this is the kind of book that is practically a cross between fiction, biography and self-help, so i don't know how that is going to be portrayed realistically in a movie. With that in mind, i guess i do understand where Time's Review is coming from (see below). But still, it's a good storyline. It's opening in October in Singapore but i'm not sure when in Paris. Maybe I'll catch it in Paris...after all, i have never watched a movie in Paris before, despite the cheap movie tickets for students!
Her other book, a sequel to this, Committed, is on my next to-read list. I haven't bought the book yet though. *hint (: haha.
Anyhow, Time gave quite a somewhat cynical (i guess?) review on the story as a whole.
'Eat Pray Love' Review: "Its fairy-tale quality, the one by which a woman's quest ends with a man, seemed less like real life and more like a Julia Roberts movie."
But maybe, fairy-tale endings do exist...just that they don't come by easily, and they require effort and sacrifices. I call them, realistic fairy-tale endings (:
or maybe in this case never judge a movie by its book ;)
bisous!
img src: http://weheartit.com/entry/3523759
or maybe in this case never judge a movie by its book ;)
bisous!
img src: http://weheartit.com/entry/3523759


0 comments:
Post a Comment