Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chez moi

It's funny how you associate doing something to a place, and the person you are there.
In saying that, i am making the assumption that a person changes according to his living environment. In my personal experience, I think i'm a slightly different person when i'm living in Sydney, Singapore and Paris. As the lifestyle differs, i feel that there is a need to adapt to survive, by doing different things and acting differently. I don't think it's a good or bad thing, as long as you're aware of it.

It just came to my mind when i noticed that being in paris, I don't have the habit of checking baking life, a facebook game i started in singapore. In fact, it feels a bit strange having to remind myself to do so. Playing baking life also somehow reminds me that the summer break in Singapore was real, yet it feels strangely like some faded dream, like how Paris was when I was in Singapore, and how Sydney is when i'm not there. Hmmm...mild case of bipolar disorder? haha. I'm starting to crave some sort of stability in my life. Honestly, i'm pretty tired of moving around. Not to mention je deteste plane rides, i just want to teleport and reach my destination.

Pardon my use of franglish. It is my attempt to practice as much french as i know, thus i try to insert french replacement words that come to mind.

I've uploaded this on facebook before but not on this blog. Since it's my first day back in Paris for my second semester of exchange, i shall put up photos of my room. It was taken half a year ago though, too lazy to take photos again. Not much has changed anyway.

View of my bed area from the entrance
Next to my bed area is the study. I have some photos on the slanted wall now, and the mirror is changed. This one fell to the floor and shattered, out of the blue.
View of the entrance and counter top table in the kitchen
La cuisine
That's the shower area, and the mirror doubles as a cupboard.

It's a really small place, only 17m2. There is a common WC along the corridor. Initially, i didn't like the idea of that but it's kept really clean par le gardienne et I am getting used to it. So it's not an issue anymore.

Now that i'm back in Paris, my hair is starting to be really dry and brittle again! even after the treatment :( Been reading up on how to improve that situation online...I need recommendations on what shampoo/conditioner is good, or any tips at all. Merci!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / Header image credit: Roger Karlsson. / Background image credit.

Back to TOP