Sunday, January 30, 2011

hello again!

I have just been so busy and lazy to blog lately!

It's the season of festivities! Chinese New Year is coming up, earlier than usual this year. And it's the year of the Rabbit!


So...I have left Paris for good - Au Revoir!
and it's almost the end of my short holiday in Singapore :(
I will be back in Sydney in about a week's time.

I still have tons of photos to sort through, like christmas ones in Italy, trip with mum to Lyon, and other random stuff! I do miss Paris, there's still so many hidden treasures i haven't discovered, and after all, it's Paris! It's a great place for a holiday, but i have to say, a bit overrated, and not the best place to live - for me at least. But the Paris sales was awesome! I totally should have blogged about it before but i was procrastinating. heh.


SOLDES: So anyway, sales in Paris are state regulated, so dates are announced beforehand. Winter sales are around Jan-Feb, and summer sales are areound July I believe. These sales go up to 70% off everything! Except stuff from the new collection of course. But it's not the type of sales where they rack up all the old leftover goods. It's awesome lovely designs! These sales last for about a month. If you shop at the beginning, there'd be plenty of sizes and designs to choose from. But if you were to wait till the middle of the sales period, there'll be a deuxieme démarque (2nd reduction), where prices are slashed further! The only risk is there may not be very many sizes or designs left. At this point in time, we'd be right in the middle of sales! I think deuxieme démarque has already started for a while, but I'm not too sure as i left Paris 3 days into the sales. Having said that, my mum and I definitely made the most out of the sales while we were there (:

Salvatore Ferragamo Plume Patchwork Bag
This is one of the most gorgeous bag i've seen! It's light, practical and classy. It's big enough to put files in there. Because of the sales, we got that at 50% off!! But, it's my mum's haha. I got the long purse from the same collection instead - 50% off too! It's the same colour and the lining inside is exactly the same too. I couldn't find a picture of the same purse online, so pardon the bad picture - i used the camera in my bb.


I have to say, Ferragamo is one of my all time favourite brands! (:

This is just one of the many great steals we got during the sales.

Another place where we went crazy was Loft. Even though it was soldes d'hiver (winter sales), they had a lot of cotton items, which was pretty much the only things that we could buy and make full use of since it's summer all year round in Singapore. Many were made of organic cotton too. Shopping while being eco-friendly :D Anyway, I love their style - relaxed, simple and chic. I could see myself wearing practically EVERY single item in the shop haha. I think this brand started from the UK, but was by a french man - Patrick Freche (correct me if i'm wrong). They have a facebook page too. Hmm... i wonder if they do international shipping on their online store. I really LOVE their stuff!

Of course the really high end brands never go on sale, even during the sales period: Chanel, LV, Goyard...

Next time, I'm going to check out their summer sales! Probably a few years down the road, when i earn enough money to go Paris for a shopping holiday that is...

Bisous!

1 comments:

Anonymous February 7, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

HAHA. It's the last week of the sale here! We're thinking of going this Wednesday to grab summer clothes! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / Header image credit: Roger Karlsson. / Background image credit.

Back to TOP